tangy tomato lobster sauce over pasta
My college roommate, Mindy and her husband, Norman vacation every summer in Maine. Lobster feasts are the “norm” when Norman is in the kitchen. Here is one of his favorites!
- Ready Time :
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. very ripe tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 tsp. dried tarragon crumbles
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. hot red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces Al Dente™ Pasta
- 3/4 lb. cooked lobster mea
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1. In a large deep skillet, cook the shallots in butter and oil over medium heat stirring occasionally, until softened. Add the tomatoes, wine, tarragon, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring and boil for 10 minutes or until it is thickened.
2. Cool pasta. Add lobster to skillet and simmer for 2 minutes. Toss with pasta, transfer to a platter and sprinkle with parsley.