tangy pasta with shrimp and spinach
Recipe from our Lemon Chive Fettuccine bag. All of my kids have their designated favorite pasta dish named after them. In celebration of my God Daughter’s graduation, I would like to honor her by officially publishing Jenise’s Favorite!
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 12 ounces Al Dente™ Pasta
- 1/2 lbs. peeled and deveined large shrimp (substitute cubed chicken breast, if desired)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots (or red onion)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 10 oz. fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. capers
1. Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
2. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; saute 30 seconds. Add shrimp; saute 3 minutes, just until cooked. Add chicken broth, lemon juice and salt to pan. Bring just to a boil.
3. Cook pasta and add to pan with spinach and capers, heating until spinach wilts. (optional additions-pinenuts, roasted red pepper strips, chopped tomatoes). Delicious!