quick and healthy bolognese
This quick, healthy and delicious recipe was designed for Al Dente Pasta's Whole Wheat Fettuccine with flax. Peace, love and pasta!
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 bag Al Dente Whole Wheat Fettuccine
- 3/4 lbs ground turkey meat, (vegetarian substitute, sliced mushrooms)
- 1 jar Monique’s Pasta Sauce (any flavor, but I used Roasted Garlic)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c parmiggiano reggiano or grana padano cheese (freshly grated)
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large saute pan, heat 3 Tbsp. olive oil. Season ground turnkey with salt and pepper and add to sauté pan. Using wooden spoon, break up meat in pan into bite size pieces. Cook on medium heat until turkey is brown on the outside and no longer pink in the middle. Add jar of sauce. Cover sauce with lid and simmer on medium for another 3 minutes. While sauce simmers, cook Al Dente pasta for just 3 minutes as directed on package. Serve family style with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!