peas, love, and pasta
This recipe is an Al Dente Pasta fan favorite and has been sampled across the country! People absolutely love it and ask for the exact recipe. So, here it is...perfect for many occasions. And definitely the easiest pasta dish you will ever make.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 bag Al Dente Pasta
- 1 bag of frozen peas
- ⅓ cup favorite bottled salad dressing (I use Brianna’s Champagne Caper Vinaigrette)
- ½ tsp. kosher salt (not including the salt for cooking water)
- ½ cup toasted almonds
Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add tablespoon of salt to water. Cut off top of bag of pasta and add to boiling water. Add the peas to cook at the same time. After 3 minutes, test pasta. Drain, rinsing with cold water. Toss with dressing and salt. Garnish with toasted almonds.
Considering I’ve been making, thinking, cooking and eating pasta for over 31 years, it goes without saying that I have a few tricks up my sleeve.
- Lots of vegetables can be cooked in the boiling water along with the pasta: cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, green beans.
- Only rinse pasta if you are tossing with a salad dressing and serving at room temperature.
- To create a red and green holiday dish, add tomatoes or red pepper to this recipe.