Luscious main dish or started for the weekend meal using any combinations of vegetables in a creamy sauce. You could easily subsititue fat free half and half for the cream.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups assorted fresh vegetables*
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh basil, plus 12-16 whole leaves for garnish
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 ounces Al Dente™ Pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley and freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
* Assorted vegetables: Cut Chinese snow peas or sugar snap peas, asparagus, green beans, zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, peas, corn or red, green, or yellow bell peppers cut into bit sized pieces.
Melt the butter and the olive oil over medium heat in a large deep-sided saute pan. Lower the heat and lightly saute the garlic until it is soft. Cut sausage into bite-sized pieces and saute until lightly browned. Now add almonds and the 3 cups assorted vegetables. Lightly toss the vegetables until they are almost tender. Add the cream, chopped basil and the halved tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are heated through. Serve over hot pasta. Garnish with chopped parsley, whole basil leaves and grated Parmesan cheese.
Melt butter and oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic, onion, and Marsala. Cook for 3 minutes; add mushrooms. Put in spinach, cover and let cook over low heat just until wilted. Add cream and bring mixture to a boil. Cook and drain pasta. Toss with spinach mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with Parmesan.