liam’s squid ink pasta with lobster and herbs
This lobster and herb pasta recipe, from our friend Chef Liam, perfectly compliments our Squid Ink Fettuccine! Peace, love and pasta!
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 6 cups water
- 8 oz. mixed vegetables, cubed (carrot, onion and celery)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. whole black peppercorns
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 8-10 oz. cold water lobster tails
- 8 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 shallots chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 roma tomatoes seeded and julienned
- 8 oz. oyster mushrooms coarsely chopped
- 2 oz. fresh tarragon, basil, chives and thyme
- 1 bag of Al Dente™ Squid Ink Pasta
1. Mix water, vegetables, wine, peppercorns, salt and pepper in a stock pot and bring to a boil. Let boil for 5 minutes. Add the lobster tails and cook for 3 minutes only! Remove tails and drain on a towel. Let stock continue to boil for another 5 minutes. Strain. Cool and reserve. After lobster tails have cooled, remove from shell and cube the meat.
2. In a sauté pan, heat half of the olive oil and brown the shallots and garlic. Stir in the lobster meat and mushrooms, cook until mushrooms start to brown. Add tomatoes and 3/4 cup of the lobster broth. Season with salt and pepper and stir to mix. Reduce heat and simmer to thicken sauce. Remove from heat and add half the chopped fresh herbs.
3. Cook pasta as directed on bag and allow to drain.
4. Make a nest with the pasta on 4 plates or in a large serving bowl and place the lobster in the nest. Drizzle remaining olive oil and fresh herbs on top.
Wonderful served hot or at room temperature.
Check out this video featuring Squid Ink Fettuccine