Easy Chicken Parmesan! It is heading straight to the top of my list of “Perfect Pasta Recipes”. Because it is so simple, I hope it will help provide you time and opportunity to sit down at the table with friends and family during this holiday season.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to uniform thickness (approximately 3/4 inches)
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp. water
- 3/4 cup flour, seasoned with salt, pepper and Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 jar Monique's™ Marvelous Marinara
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 1 bag Al Dente™ pasta (great with Egg Linguine)
Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the flour, coating both sides. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet. Saute the chicken on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on one side. Flip over and saute on other side for 3-4 minutes longer, until done.
Top each chicken breast with 1/4 cup Marvelous Marinara and 1 slice of mozzarella. Place under broiler until cheese has melted, approximately 1-2 minutes. Serve over Al Dente pasta which has been tossed with olive oil, parmesan and any extra sauce.